Job Description: Children & Young People’s Service Co-ordinator
Hours of Work: Part time 28 hours per week (some out of hours working will be necessary)
Salary Scale: £27,052 per annum pro rata for part time
Responsible to: Head of Services and Trustees
Location: The Farr Centre, Worksop,
Ways of Working:
The organisation is made up of paid and unpaid workers working in co-operation as a group / team to discuss and agree decisions. Paid and unpaid workers are consulted on forward planning and longer term developments. The Trustees endeavour to make decisions by consensus. All workers bring their own individual skills and are all valued equally. Encouraging and nurturing skills are crucial to the personal and professional development of workers and that of the organisation as a whole.
Purpose of the post:
- To develop and coordinate the children & Young People’s service and to ensure a quality service that is responsive and empowering to the needs of children & Young People of all ages that have experience of domestic abuse.
- To coordinate the Crèche facility and ensure Ofsted standards are maintained through policy, procedure and good practice.
- Ensure that Children’s Act 1989 and Child Protection procedures are complied with.
- To develop and deliver Child Protection training and briefings to all staff and volunteers ensuring all changes to practice are disseminated.
- To monitor and record all safeguarding concerns across Notts WA, to ensure the Pathway to Provision is used and correct referral pathways are followed.
- To ensure that Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid (Notts WA) projects work and develop within Women’s Aid Federation England ( WAFE ) aims and principles to ensure high quality services for women and children affected by domestic violence and other relevant issues.
- To implement Notts WA’s Equality & Diversity Policy in every aspect of service provided.
- To work with the Board of Trustees and Head of Services to ensure the effective management and direction of Notts WA.
- To ensure that the Notts WA projects work to agreed good practice policies, procedures and standards.
- To ensure that the Notts WA projects comply with and observe the requirements of all Funders.
- To have line management responsibility for the children & young people’s Outreach Services and other staff as appropriate.
- To represent Notts WA
- To comply with structures and procedures and to facilitate the collection and dissemination of information.
Please see the link below to download the job application pack.