Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Limited
Job Description: Female Children and Young People’s Domestic Abuse Support Worker – North Nottinghamshire
Salary: £21,519 pro rata for part time.
Hours of work: 21 hours per week (hours to be arranged – to include evening and weekend work as necessary)
Responsible to: Children and Young People’s Service Team Leader
Children and Young People’s Service Co-ordinator
Purpose of the post
- To deliver healthy relationship and domestic abuse awareness packages within schools/agencies to educate young people and enable them to make informed choices.
- To deliver group work to children and young people affected by domestic abuse.
- To deliver targeted pieces of work within schools/agencies to vulnerable groups of young men and young women in their own abusive relationship.
- To deliver the Hands are not for hurting programme.
- To provide individual and family support packages for children ensuring that they have opportunities to work through their experiences of living with and leaving domestic abuse and that they and their female carer have access to services in the community which will promote children’s health and development, educational attendance and attainment, participation in social and leisure opportunities and diverting children from crime.
- To provide individual and group support to young women and young men in their own abusive relationships. To complete the Young person’s risk assessment tool, offer safety interventions and support through the MARAC process.