Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Limited
JOB DESCRIPTION – Finance and Admin
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collate and process timesheets, sick forms, annual leave forms, travel expenses and pager forms for the production of monthly payroll. Cross reference appropriate forms and update employment records accordingly
- Prepare contracts of employment and amendment to contracts as required and update employee records accordingly
- Prepare agendas for monthly management meetings, take and produce accurate minutes and circulate all related papers
- Prepare all necessary documentation relating to the Annual General Meeting, arrange the venue, speakers, refreshments and invitations in accordance with Company House and Charity Commission legislation in conjunction with all workers and trustees
- Completion of Annual Returns, Questionnaires etc as required
- Provide cover for other team members when required for example sickness and holidays
- Provide administrative support for employment sub groups including preparation and distribution of application packs in accordance with current practice and procedure
- To work within Health and Safety Guidelines
- To attend meetings of workers and management (this may include evening meetings)
- To attend and minute Multi Agency Risk Assessment Meetings as necessary
- To apply Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Limited equal opportunities policy in all aspects of work
- To carry out the principles and aims of Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd and Women’s Aid Federation England (WAFE)
- To ensure the confidentiality of the services and users at all times
- To collate statistics and information to comply with the monitoring and evaluation requirements of Nottinghamshire County Council, The Big Lottery, BBC Children in Need and other funders for all projects as appropriate
- To formulate the budget for NWAL annually in advance in liaison with the Team Leader, Treasurer and NWAL management
- To provide monthly reports to management on financial performance against budgets
- To maintain accurate records of all financial transactions for Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd in conjunction with other administration/finance workers
- To prepare bills for payment and enter onto QuickBooks accounting software. Organise cheque signatories to sign cheques
- To chase payments that have been delayed and to liaise with agencies/funders on financial matters
- To assist the Team Leader in the preparation of the end of year, reports and financial statements for annual audit
- To administer and balance the petty cash system, and reconcile bank accounts
- To maintain a register/inventory of items purchased for NWAL for accounting purposes
- To provide progress and details of financial expenditure for end of project reports to funding bodies
- To maintain an accurate and up to date record of housing benefit payments on the Refuges and Supported Housing project including completing monthly returns to relevant Housing Authority
- Carry out monthly payroll for all staff members on Moneysoft payroll.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and will be subject to change in consultation with the post holder.
Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Limited
Finance and Administration Worker
The criteria set out below describes the experience and qualities considered essential or desirable in the post of Finance and Administration Worker at Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd. We recognise that it is not likely that any applicant will have all the characteristics but training will be offered to the post holder in the areas where it is required. The selection panel will draw up a shortlist according to how well applicants meet these criteria. Please note that items are not listed in order of importance.
· Experience of financial and accounting procedures
· Experience and knowledge of wage production
· Excellent office administration and organisation skills
- AAT Level 2 qualified, or equivalent accounting qualification
· Excellent ICT skills including word processing, database and spreadsheet experience
- Good oral, written and telephone communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- A working knowledge of and commitment to, Equal Opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- An understanding of the need and practice for confidentiality as it relates to this organisation
- Ability to work on your own initiative, as part of a team, under pressure and with high levels of self-motivation.
- Experience of preparing monthly management reports, including analysis
- An awareness of the issues of personal safety and health and safety matters
- A full clean driving license and use of a car
- An understanding of issues affecting women and children experiencing, or who have experienced, domestic violence and related issues
- Commitment to the objectives and guidelines of the Women’s Aid Federation of England (WAFE) and the ethos and purpose of Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd
- Experienced in the use of Moneysoft payroll and RTI
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting package
- Experience of working and managing multiple funders
- Knowledge/experience of Charity accounting
Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd
Finance & Admin Worker
Main Terms and Conditions of Employment:
Salary: Currently £19,621 per annum pro rata.
Pension: A contribution of 2% of your salary will be paid into the company pension scheme in line with auto enrolment regulations.
Hours: 18 hours covering Monday to Friday. This may include some evening meetings. Overtime is not payable but time off in lieu will be arranged. This contract is to cover maternity leave but there may be a possibility of continued hours.
Holidays: 23 days per year, plus bank holidays pro rata for part time
Travel : Mileage rate is currently paid at 35p per mile for authorised
Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd is committed to the prevention of discrimination or harassment against any of its workers, support group or users of its services on the grounds of race, religion, sexuality, size, age or HIV status.
Please use the link below to download the Finance and Admin Job Pack.