This is a women only post and is exempt under schedule 9 part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Hours of Work: 23 hours per week (including occasional evening work)
Salary Scale: £19,915 per annum pro rata for part time
Responsible to: Finance and Administration Team Leader / Head of Services
Location: The Farr Centre, Worksop
The Finance and Administration worker will be one of four workers who are responsible for providing financial and administrative support for the whole organisation. This includes the Refuge’s and services based at the Farr Centre. This role involves the upkeep of office systems maintaining financial records and dealing with all financial transactions throughout the organisation, calculating and processing monthly payroll, maintenance of employment records and assisting with attaining set quality standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collate and process timesheets, sick forms, annual leave forms, travel expenses and pager forms for the production of monthly payroll. Cross reference appropriate forms and update employment records accordingly
- Prepare contracts of employment and amendment to contracts as required and update employee records accordingly
- Prepare agendas for monthly management meetings, take and produce accurate minutes and circulate all related papers
- Prepare all necessary documentation relating to the Annual General Meeting, arrange the venue, speakers, refreshments and invitations in accordance with Company House and Charity Commission legislation in conjunction with all workers and trustees
- Completion of Annual Returns, Questionnaires etc as required
- Provide cover for other team members when required for example sickness and holidays
- Provide administrative support for employment sub groups including preparation and distribution of application packs in accordance with current practice and procedure
- To work within Health and Safety Guidelines
- To attend meetings of workers and management (this may include evening meetings)
- To attend and minute Multi Agency Risk Assessment Meetings as necessary
- To apply Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Limited equal opportunities policy in all aspects of work
- To carry out the principles and aims of Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd and Women’s Aid Federation England (WAFE)
- To ensure the confidentiality of the services and users at all times
- To collate statistics and information to comply with the monitoring and evaluation requirements of Nottinghamshire County Council, The Big Lottery, BBC Children in Need and other funders for all projects as appropriate
- To formulate the budget for NWAL annually in advance in liaison with the Team Leader, Treasurer and NWAL management
- To provide monthly reports to management on financial performance against budgets
- To maintain accurate records of all financial transactions for Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd in conjunction with other administration/finance workers
- To prepare bills for payment and enter onto QuickBooks accounting software. Organise cheque signatories to sign cheques
- To chase payments that have been delayed and to liaise with agencies/funders on financial matters
- To assist the Team Leader in the preparation of the end of year, reports and financial statements for annual audit
- To administer and balance the petty cash system, and reconcile bank accounts
- To maintain a register/inventory of items purchased for NWAL for accounting purposes
- To provide progress and details of financial expenditure for end of project reports to funding bodies
- To maintain an accurate and up to date record of housing benefit payments on the Refuges and Supported Housing project including completing monthly returns to relevant Housing Authority
- Carry out monthly payroll for all staff members on Moneysoft payroll.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and will be subject to change in consultation with the post holder.
Further information and Application Forms may be sent out on receipt of a SAE, by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on the link below.
Please return the completed form, clearly marked Private and Confidential to:
Finance and Admin Worker Employment Group
Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd
The Farr Centre
Chapel Walk, Westgate
Worksop, Notts S80 1LR
Closing Date: 08/02/2021 at 12noon Interview Date: 17/02/2021 via Microsoft Teams
Applications will not be accepted by email or fax. You must send a hard copy by post.
Please note that application will not be accepted by CV.