This is a women only post and is exempt under schedule 9 part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Covering hours between Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm
Salary Scale: £19,915 per annum
Responsible to: Children & Young People’s Service Coordinator
Location: The Farr Centre, Worksop
The Centre Facilitator will provide a welcoming and inclusive front of house service (reception) for all families and professionals visiting or contacting the Farr Centre. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the Farr Centre including maintenance and security ensuring all issues related to the building, car parking and grounds are addressed. You will be responsible in the promotion, coordination and organisation of the centre activities, ensuring the Farr Centre is open and inclusive to all women, children and young people in our community.
- Greet clients and visitors to the centre, ensuring that they know about the domestic arrangements (e.g. toilets, kitchen), and making drinks for clients and visitors when necessary.
- To be responsible for the day to day management and running of the centre.
- To carry out annual fire risk assessments.
- Carry out weekly internal and external health and safety checks and maintain accurate records.
- Carry out fire evacuation tests and maintain a log.
- To be responsible for arranging and organising repairs and up keep of the centre.
- To be responsible for replacing equipment at the Farr Centre in line with agreed budgets.
- To be responsible for arranging the redecoration of the Farr Centre in line with agreed budgets.
- Be responsible for recruiting and organising crèche staff as and when needed
- Be responsible for arranging a cleaner for the centre and checking it meets NWAL standards.
- To ensure the centre is open and inclusive by recognising diversity and culture, providing a range of leaflets and literature in different formats.
- To facilitate all diary and room booking requests from external partners and agencies.
- To ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met and that the Centre is well maintained and the grounds are tidy.
- Monitor and replace tea, coffee and milk for client/visitor use.
- Ensure the kitchen facilities are checked and cleaned following courses.
- Monitor First Aid Equipment and order replacements when necessary.
- Answer the telephone and deal with routine enquires responding to email requests as necessary. Transfer calls and take messages ensuring the appropriate persons receive them.
- Record sickness and inform Coordinators of workers absence.
- Open and redirect post.
- Provide continuity and stability to our services by working in conjunction with other staff and agencies to provide the best possible service to women.
- To ensure that all clients and visitors sign in and out of the building to comply with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure all leaflets and notice boards are kept up to date and tidy and ensure relevant topics are themed and brought to centre users attention.
- Keep a daily diary of:
- Staff appointments
- Visitors/staff in and out
- Room bookings by outside agencies
- Legal surgery appointments
- Courses on at the Centre
- Ensure that the reception area, corridors and training rooms are free from clutter, ensuring bins are emptied and the areas are well maintained providing a welcoming area for clients and visitors.
- Set up and prepare all training rooms and counselling rooms ready for use.
- To assist in sending mail shots to centre users, other agencies both statutory and voluntary.
- To liaise and develop links on behalf of clients between ourselves and the appropriate support agencies ensuring that women receive the correct information, advice or support for their particular situation and needs.
- To be jointly responsible with all paid and unpaid workers for personal safety and health and safety to a level defined by the Trustees.
- Provide clerical assistance to other workers as and when required.
- Reprographics as required.
- Monitor and re-order stationery.
- To take minutes of meetings as required.
- To be responsible for identifying personal training needs and taking action to ensure that these needs are met by attending training as required.
- To create a positive, encouraging environment for clients/visitors of the Farr Centre or any other Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd service.
- To participate in the collective running of Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd with co-workers, refuge residents, centre users and volunteers.
- To carry out the principles and aims of Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd and Women’s Aid Federation England.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the service, users, staff and trustees at all times.
- To adhere to all NWAL policies and procedures at all times
- To attend meetings of workers and management and provide regular reports as required (this may include evening meetings).
- To raise the awareness of the public, media, police, courts, social services and other agencies with respect to the abuse of women.
- To work with other team members to ensure that all users and workers are committed to Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd Equal Opportunities statement and implement it in the day to day running of activities.
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of Services and Finance Team Leader commensurate to the post.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and will be subject to change in consultation with the post holder.
Further information and Application Forms may be sent out on receipt of a SAE, by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on the link below.
Please return the completed form, clearly marked Private and Confidential to:
Farr Centre Facilitator Employment Group
Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd
The Farr Centre
Chapel Walk, Westgate
Worksop, Notts S80 1LR
Closing Date: 27/04/2021 at 12noon Interview Date: 05/05/2021 via Microsoft Teams
Applications will not be accepted by email or fax. You must send a hard copy by post.
Please note that application will not be accepted by CV.