This is a woman only post and is exempt under schedule 9 part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
LOCATION based to work in Mansfield Magistrates court, Mansfield District Council NWAL office or across multiagency partnerships
RESPONSIBLE TO Community Services Coordinator/Court IDVA Team Leader
SALARY £22,554 (unqualified), £24,064 per annum once you have achieved the Safelives IDVA qualification
HOURS 18 hours per week to cover a service Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm, evening and weekend work as required
Function To provide a pro-active service to female survivors of domestic abuse whose criminal cases are being heard at the SDVC site which is at the Mansfield Magistrates Court. To respond to and provide practical & emotional support, safety planning and early intervention to ensure that the survivor receives support in regards to her dual role of being survivor and a witness.
- To support female adult survivors through the CJS processes, explaining the procedures and their role and rights within that system.
- To work alongside and advocate to a variety of agencies including court staff, probation, witness care, witness service etc.
- To support survivors prior to, during and after trial, providing support after court outcomes and providing information about possible next steps for her in regards to service provision in regards to both her experiences as a survivor and criminal case witness.
- To use a multi agency approach to safeguard victims of domestic abuse in particular specialised court agencies.
- To provide a pro-active specialist support service to survivors of domestic abuse and violence to reduce risk and to increase the safety of the survivor and associated persons, including children
- Complete risk assessments, including but not limited to DASH risk assessment etc
- Explain housing, family civil and criminal legal options to clients
- Conduct safety planning with clients to create bespoke safety plans.
- Develop holistic individual support plan with the survivor meet the needs of the survivor. This will include actions for the survivor to complete.
- Refer high clients where appropriate to MARACs
- Ensure that clients get the services to which they are entitled
- Understand the legal framework relating to the protection of children including the policy and procedures of the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Understand the legal framework relating to the safeguarding of adults including the policy and procedures of the Local Safeguarding Adults Board.
- Support clients to maintain safety by developing their own support network
- Refer on and arrange meetings with other agencies/services as necessary, for instance, Women’s’ Aid, legal advice, benefit agency, etc.
- To fulfil case management standards in line with funding requirements.
- Maintain accurate case notes in line with data protection and NWAL policies and procedures and keep them up to date in a timely manner
- Follow procedures and protocols with other services so that the safety of the clients is kept central to any process
- To follow the IDVA and court IDVA procedure manuals.
- Ensure that the survivor is clear of NWAL policies and procedures including confidentiality and its limitations during intake process.
- follow all NWAL policies and procedures
- To attend and participate in team, project and trustee meetings as required.
- To participate in regular supervision and appraisal
- To participate in the development and review of Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd policies and procedures
- To support on a rota basis the DA partnership car that covers Friday/Saturday 4pm – midnight
- To work within the ethos, values and principles of Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd and WAFE (Women’s Aid Federation England).
- To understand and abide by all Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd policies and procedures including Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety, Child Protection and Confidentiality.
- Any other duties as commensurate with the post, as requested by your direct supervisor or Head of Services on behalf of Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd
Further information and Application Forms may be sent out on receipt of a SAE, by emailing [email protected] or by clicking on the link below.
Please return the completed form, clearly marked Private and Confidential to:
Court IDVA Employment Group
Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid Ltd
The Farr Centre
Chapel Walk, Westgate
Worksop, Notts S80 1LR
The closing date for receipt of applications is 6th August 2021 at 12 noon
Interviews will take place at via Microsoft teams on 18th August 2021
Applications will not be accepted by email or fax. You must send a hard copy by post or by hand.
Please note that application will not be accepted by CV.