There are various civil remedies which you can activate to increase you and your children’s safety.

Here is some information on some options available to you:-

  • A non-molestation order is aimed at preventing your partner or ex-partner from using or threatening violence against you or your child, or intimidating, harassing or pestering you, in order to ensure the health, safety and well-being of yourself and your children.
  • An Occupation order states clearly who can live in the family home, and can also restrict your abuser from entering the surrounding area. If you do not feel safe continuing to live with your partner, or if you have left home because of violence, but want to return and exclude your abuser, you may want to apply for an occupation order.

Domestic Violence Protection Notice (DVPN) and Domestic Violence Protection Order (DVPO)

The aim of a DVPN and DVPO is to provide you with immediate protection following an incident of domestic violence and to give you time to consider what to do next.

The police will issue the DVPN/DVPO to you, if there is a DVPN issues by the police then the court IDVA will be contact with you to support you.